Rita Hayworth was icon and known for her voluminous thick curls that created a trend for her era. Rita starred in the movie 'Gilda' which featured a memorable hair flip that drove the men crazy.
Things you'll need to achieve this look: Suavecita Pomade, Suavecita Argan Silkening Serum, Suavecita Grooming Spray, Suavecita Firm Hold Hairspray, Suavecita Blow Dry Clips, Suavecita Sculpting Brush, Suavecito Rat Tail Comb, Duck bill/Pin curl clips, Bobby pins, 1/4" curling iron, blow dryer, hair accessory. (optional)
Lily Duenas will be demonstrating how to achieve this bouncy and fluffy hairstyle on the beautiful Sarah Palmer.
- Start by prepping the hair with Suavecita Argan Silkening Serum to keep the hair smooth and polished. Focus the Argan Serum on the mid band and ends to infuse every layer of each strand to restore moisture and add shine.
- Generously spray the Suavecita Grooming Spray all over the hair. The Grooming Spray is best used as a setting lotion. This product will ensure your curls will set and hold for a longer period of time.
- Using a comb, create your parting. The hair must be parted to one side for the cascading curls.
- Part the hair into three sections. Both front sections will be the hair that's right before the ear. Clip it away with a Suavecita Blow Dry Alligator Clip. Leave the back section free, this will be the first area you set.
- To begin pin curling, section an inch wide row of hair to begin working on. Wrap the hair around your curling iron and hold it for a few seconds. Slide the hair off and secure the pin curl with a duck bill clip and set with the Suavecita Firm Hold Hairspray. Continue to do this throughout the entire head.
- Once the hair is done being pin curled, let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Begin to remove the clips and prepare the hair for the brush out. Leave out the very first section curled to provide a base for the hairstyle.
- Using your comb, tease the hair to create a pillow for the hair that will be sitting over it and spray with the Firm Hold Hairspray.
- Release the hair and use the Sculpting Hair Brush to begin creating the 'S' wave. Look for areas that are creating a dent and place a duck bill clip.
- Begin the front section where the hair is laying over. Hold down the base of the bang area and begin to brush it to create that 'S' again. Thrive for volume in this area. Place a clip on the base.
- Start on the other side now, Create a smooth surface above the ear for your hair accessory. Twist the mid band and secure with bobby pins. Place as many are needed to hold the hair in place. Spray with Hairspray.
- Use your blow dryer to help set the hair in place. Keep the dryer at a high temperature low setting.
- Once you feel the hair is completely set, remove all your pins. Scoop out some Suavecita Pomade to go over any fly aways or baby hairs out of place.
- Add your hair accessory to the smoothed side above the ear for the final touch.