Interview With The Sandbox Bullies
The question "does Suavecito Pomade sponsor bands" comes up from time to time, and typically the answer is "not at this time". So why The Sandbox Bullies? The answer is simple. We support those who support us, and The Sandbox Bullies have been supporting Suavecito Pomade since we ran the company out of a breakfast nook! Robbie Bell (lead guitarist) and Jason Carman (bassist) have been long time friends of Suavecito, and are two of the coolest, most genuine people that you will ever encounter. These guys don't put up a front or act like they are better than anyone, nor do they expect anything from anyone. The Sandbox Bullies simply love playing music and being apart of the rockabilly culture.
We recently interviewed Robbie Bell, check out what he had to say about The Sandbox Bullies...
- Who are the current members of The Sandbox Bullies?
- Jason Carman (bassist), William Corner (drummer), and myself (Robert Lee Bell Jr., lead guitarist).
- The Sandbox Bullies play quite frequently at a variety of venues, where do you guys get energy for that kind of lifestyle?
- Our love for playing music and being apart of the rockabilly culture keeps us going.
- What is the craziest thing that has happened while The Sandbox Bullies were performing?
- The owner of the bar we were playing at, The Shakedown Bar in San Diego, road his motor cycle right through the bar and out the front door!
- Where have you had the most fun performing?
- The Hootenanny 2012. We got to perform at the same show as Rancid, The Reverend Horton Heat, The Bouncing Souls, The Wreckin Katz, Old Man Markley, The Rocketz, the Jezabels... So much fun!
- Did you have fun at the Lake Havasu Rockabilly Reunion 2014?
- We had a blast! It was a pleasure to see Lee Rocker and The Booze Bombs performing. We look forward to attending and hopefully playing again next year!
- Will The Sandbox Bullies be performing at Viva Las Vegas 2014?
- No, but we will be in Vegas that weekend performing at The Dive Bar with The Wreckin Katz, Three Bad Jacks, and the Black Rose Phantoms.
- What bands/artists do you make a point of going to see perform?
- Wanda Jackson, Stray Cats, and The Reverend Horton Heat.
- Do you guys ever give your sons band, Kon Tiki, any pointers?
- Absolutely. The music business is rough. We share as much insight with them as possible.
- What sparked your attraction to the rockabilly culture?
- The Reverend Horton Heat.
- Any shout outs you want posted up on SuavecitoPomade.com?
- Shout Out to Brenda Palace, Anawa, Joe from Grestch, Jason from Blast Cult, Mike from Alien Ant Farm, our family and friends, and most of all, our fans!