The 18th Annual Dia de los Muertos will be held on Saturday, October 28th at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood, CA.
For this years Dia de los Muertos we tip our feather and flower adorned hat to the Mexican artist Jose Guadalupe Posada. Over 100 years ago, Posada gave us many of the foundational images of Dia de los Muertos that are still venerated today and which have become treasured images of Mexican culture and identity. J.G. Posada reminds us that art is power – political and social speech – mass produced by the printing presses and now social media. Posada’s La Catrina asks us to embrace the beauty and grace inherent in facing our own death and the inevitable loss of those we love. By facing loss with love, and art, we find transcendence.
General Admission: $20 per person – (please bring exact change)
Children 8 years and under free until 4pm
Seniors 65 and over free until 4pm
- Dia de Los Muertos attire strongly encouraged – Come dressed in your finest Calaca apparel
- Spend an eventful day relaxing and watching the evening stars appear as the cemetery comes to life with joyful celebrations
- Enjoy fine Mexican cuisine and a wide spectrum of Day of the Dead arts and crafts available for purchase
- Plan ahead where to park and please carpool
- Pre-Purchase your tickets to avoid lines day of the event
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038